416th Bombardment Group (L)
Following are Hyper-Links to some sites of further interest:
RAF Wethersfield Public Facebook Group
Wethersfield Airfield Museum Public Facebook Group
New England Air Museum (NEAM) Douglas A-26C Invader "Reida Rae" Restoration Project
East Anglia Air War Project
Old Segundo Productions
Old Primero Historical Foundation (OPHF)
Air Force Historical Research Agency
Air Force History Index
Honor Flight Network
Military Hall of Honor
Veterans History Project
Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency
American Battle Monuments Commission (ABMC)
St Paul's Cathedral, London, England - American Memorial Chapel - 1958
B-26 Marauder Historical Society
47th Bombardment Group
Joe Baugher's USAAS/USAAC/USAAF/USAF Military Aircraft Serials
American Air Museum
AAIR - Aviation Archaeological Investigation and Research
Foundation for Adopting Graves American Cemetery Margraten
Fields of Honor - Database
Witness to War
Antoine d Saint Exupery
World War II History
Americans At War (PBS Series)
Aviation Cadet Museum
The Distinguished Flying Cross Society
A-20s for Russia
WWII Army Air Forces Collection
The Heritage League Forum Project (adopting Army Air Forces.com Forum)
U.S. Army Center of Military History
HyperWar Foundation (World War II On The World Wide Web)
NARA Access to Archival Databases
NARA Search: Records of World War II Prisoners of War
NARA Search: Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File 1938-1946 (Enlistment Records)
WWII US Army Enlistment Records
Ancestry.com World War II Records
9th Air Force USAAF
Ryan Conroy's "Lt. Blair H. Bradford - Mission 50" memorial blog
Lieutenant Colonel Hiram Francis Conant
Lou Prucha Memorial Site
A-26 Invader "Sugar Baby" History
Attack Bombers We Need You! A History of the 416th Bomb Group
by Ralph Conte
A-26 Invader Units of World War 2
by Jim Roeder
First to Fall
by Wayne G. Sayles
My Sister's Father: Reclaiming Andre
by Debby Fricke Smith
by Dr. Larry N. Smith
Luftangriffe auf Lage im Fruhjahr 1945 (Air Raids on Lage in the Spring of 1945)
by Konrad Soppa
A Brief History of RAF Wethersfield
by Ross Stewart
U.S. Army Air Forces in World War II. Combat Chronology 1941 - 1945 (On-line, Month-by-Month)
U.S. Army Air Forces in World War II. Combat Chronology 1941 - 1945 (PDF)
U.S. Army in World War II Chronology 1941 - 1945 (PDF)
Many photographs posted on this site are from the public domain
or were donated to the 416th Bomb Group Archive by the 416th Veterans, their families and friends.
We are thankful to those who preserved these visual memories both then and in the intervening years.
Our thanks also to the following for their contributions:
* Francis J. Cachat: 416th Bomb Group Photo Collection and personal records.
* Ralph Conte: "Attack Bombers, We Need You! A History of the 416th Bomb Group", ISBN: 0-9712387-0-7
* Wayne Downing: personnel photos and details, operational records.
* Bob Kehres: personal photos and details.
* Dave Andrews: personal photos and details.
* Jane and Doug Enman: Unit histories from official archives, personnel photos and veteran contact information.
* Ed Klacik: Air Heritage Inc. Beaver Falls, PA.
* Jim Kerns: 671st BS history.
* Steve Burris: personnel databases, photos and unit transfer orders.
* Air Force Historical Research Agency: operational reports, mission photos and archived material.
* Bart Singletary, Phil Stanley, Jim Church, Greg Hiatt, Ryan Conroy, Rick Prucha: Photos and documents from family archives.
* Bob Basnett; Dick Wheeler; Scotty Street; Ray Jones, Eldon Kreh, Jack Sittarich, Peter Royalty, Bob Kehres, Don Sorrels, Carl Weinert, Al Damico, Billy Brewer, Robert E. Lee, Dan Eastman, Roy Burns, John Freese, Roland Dullnig and other 416th veterans: personal memories.
* Northwestern University WWII Poster Collection
* Donna Cox Hill and WW2 Buddies for information about the 1781st Ordnance Group.
* USMA West Point: Class of June 1943 photos and personnel data.
* "TAPS" courtesy of the U.S. Army Field Band.
* "Goin' Home" and "To The Colors" courtesy of the U.S. Air Force Band.
Webmasters of related sites wishing to exchange links should write to